John Wayne Cancer Foundation Skin Cancer Education & Sunscreen
Did you know that skin cancer is the most common cancer? If caught early and treated quickly, melanoma is 95-100% curable.
Since 2003, the John Wayne Cancer Foundation has funded and managed our Skin Cancer Education Program through Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) and UC Irvine, which has recruited and trained volunteer college students to educate over 70,000 youth about skin cancer prevention and early detection.
To start a club or sign up for a presentation or become a volunteer, go HERE
To learn more about our Junior Lifeguard skin cancer education and sunscreen program, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To purchase sunscreen online, go to SHOP
The Foundation has donated thousands of sample sunscreen packets to people nationwide to help prevent skin cancer.
- Association of Volleyball Professionals 2013 Tour- USA
- Antelope Valley Junior Rodeo Association- Antelope Valley, CA
- Hoag Presbyterian Hospital: Skin Cancer Screenings- Newport Beach, CA
- Junior Lifeguards-Del Mar, CA
- Junior Lifeguards-Huntington Beach, CA
- Junior Lifeguards- Newport Beach, CA
- Lido Island Yacht Club- Newport Beach, CA
- National Interscholastic Cycling Association- Regional Mountain Bike Teams, USA
- Newport Harbor Yacht Club- Summer Sailing
- Newport Beach Water Polo Club- Newport Beach, CA
- OMG Cancer Summit- Las Vegas, NV
- Surf Industry Manufacturers Association- Surf Summit & Waterman’s Classic
- Texas A&M-Health Ed Dept.
- Trips for Kids- USA
- Turner Classic Movies- Classic Film Festival
- US Open of Surfing- Huntington Beach, CA
- UC San Diego- Sailing Team- San Diego, CA
- United States Adaptive Recreation Center – Big Bear, CA
- Wildflower Triathalon- Pacific Grove, CA