HALF MARATHON & 10K
Bring your John Wayne Grit to the trails and #RunToFightCancer
The Alabama Hills boast some of the most beautiful and rugged trails in the Eastern Sierras. Explore this magnificent course set in the shadow of majestic Mt. Whitney — the tallest mountain in the contiguous U.S. of A. You'll push your limits and stay dusty on dirt roads and single track trails that wind under blue skies, soaring snow-capped peaks and natural stone arches.
These are the same iconic western backdrops they were when John Wayne filmed 13 movies there, including How The West Was Won. After you've conquered the course, join us for a cowboy-style celebration at the John Wayne Grit Down!
As John Wayne said, "A goal, a love and a dream give you total control over your body and your life." We can't think of a better way to describe this event that will change lives — yours and those fighting cancer.
So partner, start training solo or as a team today and fundraise for your chance to win exclusive merchandise, free race entries, and hotel stays. See you on the trails!
Both loop courses start and finish alongside Movie Road in the Alabama Hills and are chip timed for those that want to race or you can go at your own pace. At the finish line, you'll be rewarded with a finisher's mug and the satisfaction of knowing that you stepped up to the challenge and helped fight cancer!
The elevation of Alabama Hills, CA is 4,500ft.
Form a Corporate or Friends and Family Team
- Be a Team Captain & rally your team
- Promote team building at your company and spotlight your company at the run
- Run or walk as a group in honor or memory of a loved one who has been affected by cancer
- Contact Greg Graber, JWCF Fundraising Director, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 949-631-8400
EVENT SCHEDULE & DETAILS
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2020
PACKET PICKUP will be held at the Lone Pine Film Museum from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Please be sure to have your ID and signed hardcopy waiver (available onsite) when you check-in to get your packet.
- Your packet will include your bib number (with a timing chip on it), safety pins to attach your bib, your event shirt, and additional goodies and info.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2020
- Pre-Run / Walk announcements will start promptly at 8:15am
- Half Marathon start time – 8:30am
- 10K start time – 9:00am
To book your stay for the race weekend, please contact the lodging of your choice directly.
VOLUNTEER AT THE JOHN WAYNE GRIT SERIES
We need volunteers to help at water stations, packet pickup, at the start/finish, and more! Each volunteer gets a t-shirt and a John Wayne Grit Series trucker hat. It's a great opportunity for students to earn their community service hours too!
To sign up to be a volunteer today, click the button below:
The Alabama Hills Half Marathon & 10K benefits John Wayne Cancer Foundation, so every step you take helps advance the fight against cancer through pioneering cancer research and programs. Run or walk in honor of family and friends who have been affected by cancer. Your registration and fundraising efforts make it possible for the John Wayne Cancer Foundation to fund novel and innovative programs that improve cancer patients' outcomes and save lives through research, education, awareness and support.