NEWPORT COAST 25K & 5K
Bring your John Wayne Grit to the trails and #RunToFightCancer
It's California the way it used to be. So partner, bring all the Grit you can muster to tackle the rugged unspoiled coastal trails in John Wayne's backyard.
Join us as an individual or a team to get dusty on the dirt roads and single-track trails in Crystal Cove State Park located on the coast between Newport Beach and Laguna Beach. You'll test your endurance on the challenging climb out of El Moro Canyon and be rewarded with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean and Catalina Island. After you've finished the course, join us for a celebration at the John Wayne Grit Down!
In the words of John Wayne, "There are some things a man just can't run away from." When you join us on the trails, you'll be fighting cancer head on with every step you take.
Partners, it's time to saddle up and begin fundraising today for your chance to win exclusive merchandise, free race entries, and hotel stays. See you on the trails!
Both loop courses start and finish at the bridge in the lower parking lot of Crystal Cove State Park. At the finish line, you'll be rewarded with a finisher's mug and the satisfaction of knowing that you stepped up to the challenge and helped fight cancer.
The elevation at Crystal Cove State Park in Laguna Beach is 1,033 ft.
Form a Corporate or Friends and Family Team
- Be a Team Captain & rally your team
- Promote team building at your company and spotlight your company at the run
- Run or walk as a group in honor or memory of a loved one who has been affected by cancer
- Contact Greg Graber, JWCF Fundraising Director, for more information at email@example.com or 949-631-8400
EVENT SCHEDULE & DETAILS
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 13, 2020
PACKET PICKUP will be held in Newport Beach, CA at location TBD from 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Please be sure to have your ID and signed hardcopy waiver (available onsite) when you check-in to get your packet.
- Your packet will include your bib number (with a timing chip on it), safety pins to attach your bib, your event shirt, and additional goodies and info.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2020
- Pre-Run / Walk announcements will start promptly at 8:15am
- 25K start time – 8:30am
- 5K start time – 9:00am
To book your stay for the race weekend, please contact the lodging of your choice directly.g of your choice directly.
VOLUNTEER AT THE JOHN WAYNE GRIT SERIES
We need volunteers to help at water stations, packet pickup, at the start/finish, and more! Each volunteer gets a t-shirt and a John Wayne Grit Series trucker hat. It's a great opportunity for students to earn their community service hours too!
To sign up to be a volunteer today, click the button below:
The Newport Coast 25K & 5K benefits John Wayne Cancer Foundation, so every step you take helps advance the fight against cancer through pioneering cancer research and programs. Run or walk in honor of family and friends who have been affected by cancer. Your registration and fundraising efforts make it possible for the John Wayne Cancer Foundation to fund novel and innovative programs that improve cancer patients' outcomes and save lives through research, education, awareness and support.