This rugged course features hills and magnificent views of the high desert and Sawtooth Mountains in the Pioneertown Mountains Preserve. Located near Joshua Tree National Park. The run benefits John Wayne Cancer Foundation so every step you take advances the fight against cancer through pioneering cancer research and programs.
This event will follow COVID-19 safety guidelines.
In-Person or Virtual (your choice): Half Marathon & 10K
Click "Register" below to sign up.
Each participant gets a Grit Series Patagonia Participant Shirt and Finisher Mug!
Friday, May 21th – 2-8 PM
· Packet Pick Up in Pioneertown on Mane Street – more details to come
- In your packet: Bib, John Wayne Grit Series Patagonia running shirt and other goodies
Saturday, May 22nd (event day)
· Free parking is available at The Corral
· Pioneertown is open - spectators welcome
· Mask required for start line, aid station visits and the finish line
· Half Marathon Welcome & Opening Announcements at 8:00 AM
· Half Marathon Run Starts at 8:30 AM
· 10K Welcome Announcement at 9:00 AM
· 10K Run Starts at 9:30 AM
· There is a race component and podium prizes
- Prizes provided by Goodr Sunglasses
- There are three female and three male winners for each course – that’s 12 total podium prizes
· Join us after the run for the Grit Down festivities in Pioneertown
· John Wayne Grit Series and John Wayne Cancer Foundation merchandise available to purchase at the event
Where to stay:
In PERSON RACE DETAILS
Join us this spring for the Grit Series Run at Pioneertown! The Pioneertown 10K & Half Marathon benefits John Wayne Cancer Foundation, so every step you take helps advance the fight against cancer through pioneering cancer research and programs.
Due to the circumstances regarding COVID-19, the John Wayne Cancer Foundation is planning for this race to be a virtual run. We have high hopes of getting together to run in person soon!
8:15 AM - Important Course Announcements
8:30 AM - Half Marathon Start Time
9:00 AM - 10K Start Time
53688 Pioneertown Rd
Pioneertown, CA 92268
This stunning course features hills and magnificent views of the high desert and Sawtooth Mountains In The Pioneertown Mountains Preserve. Both courses are chip times for those that want to race or you can go at your own pace. At the finish line, you'll be rewarded with a finisher mug and the satisfaction of knowing that you stepped up to the challenge and helped fight cancer!
The elevation at Pioneertown is 4,400 feet.