This stunning course features hill climbs and ocean views from dirt roads and single track trails. The run benefits John Wayne Cancer Foundation so every step you take advances the fight against cancer through pioneering cancer research and programs.
This event will follow COVID-19 safety guidelines. 2022 Registration info coming soon!
In-person or Virtual (your choice): 25 & 5K
For in-person, space limited to 100 runners
Click "Register" below to sign up.
Each participant gets a Grit Series Patagonia Participant Shirt and Finisher Mug!
Thursday, May 6th – 4-8 PM
· Packet Pick Up Required (no Packet Pick Up on event day) at Road Runner Sports in Laguna Hills, CA
- In your packet: Bib, John Wayne Grit Series Patagonia running shirt and other goodies
· Must fill out a waiver to be provided at Packet Pick Up
Saturday, May 8th (event day)
· The John Wayne Grit Series Newport Coast 25K & 5K are at Crystal Cove State Park
· Parking is available inside the park ($15)
· No spectators at Start
· Mask required prior to and after the run
· 25K Welcome & Opening Announcements at 7:00 AM
· 25K Run Starts at 7:30 AM
· 5K Welcome Announcement at 8:00 AM
· 5K Run Starts at 8:30 AM
· Finish line – receive your finisher mug
· John Wayne Grit Series and John Wayne Cancer Foundation merchandise available to purchase at the event
Where to stay:
Check here to view Tripadvisor.com for a list of hotels in the area.
IN PERSON RACE DETAILS
Join us on Saturday, May 8, 2021 for the Grit Series Run at Newport Coast! The Newport Coast 25K & 5K benefits John Wayne Cancer Foundation, so every step you take helps advance the fight against cancer through pioneering cancer research and programs. Once you've completed the race, you’ll receive your participant shirt and finisher mug at the finish line. Plan on sticking around for "Grit Down" too - our signature post-race celebration, complete with music, refreshments, Vendors, games, and more!
8:15 AM - Important Course Announcements
8:30 AM - 25K Start Time
9:00 AM - 5K Start Time
8471 N Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
FUNDRAISING & REWARDS
Fundraising as an Individual or as part of a Team is a great way to give back to the cancer-fighting community. It’s also a great way to promote team building at your company or honor the memory of a loved one who has been affected by cancer.
Both loop courses start and finish at the bridge in the lower parking lot of Crystal Cove State Park. At the finish line, you’ll be rewarded with a finisher mug and the satisfaction of knowing that you stepped up to the challenge and helped fight cancer.
The elevation at Crystal Cove State Park in Laguna Beach is 1,033 ft.