Block the Blaze is a youth skin cancer education program funded by the John Wayne Cancer Foundation. The program aims to educate youth about sun safety, skin cancer prevention and self-screening. To date, Block theBlaze has educated over 500,000 youth. We're looking for interns like YOU to help make this happen!
sUMMER INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
Summer interns will report directly to the Senior Program Director at the John Wayne Cancer Foundation.Summer interns will be responsible for delivering the Block the Blaze presentation to large groups of youth in a fun, informative, professional manner.
• Free/available summer (no summer school or other job)
• Valid driver’s license• Strong Communication skills and passion for public speaking
• Strong work ethic
• Positive attitude
• Comfortable driving large work vehicle
• Ability to travel to Northern CA for up to 4 nights consecutively (all travel booked and paid for by company)
• Interact well with children and teens
• Complete a background check including DMV screening
• Ability to lift up to 25lb boxes
• Have a passion for health and skin cancer prevention
• The internship is a paid position.
• Personally impacting thousands of youth by spreading the important message of sun safety and skincancer prevention.
• Ability to travel to different locations (beaches, camps, swimming pools) up and down the coast of CA.
• Working for the John Wayne Cancer Foundation!